SCM

Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: problem using 'selection' function in sampleSelection [ Reply ]
By: Andreas Richter on 2018-01-02 14:44
[forum:45534]
Dear Arne, thank you very much indeed - these suggestions solved the problem.
All best wishes and a happy 2018, Andreas

RE: problem using 'selection' function in sampleSelection [ Reply ]
By: Arne Henningsen on 2017-12-31 06:39
[forum:45533]
Dear Andreas

I am sorry to hear that you experience problems with the sampleSelection package.

Please provide further information. Please note that RStudio version 3.3.0 does not yet exist. The latest version of RStudio is 1.1.383. The latest version of R is 3.4.3. I suggest that you upgrade to the latest versions of RStudio and R, run the commands 'install.packages("sampleSelection")' and 'library("sampleSelection")' and at least one example of the "example" section of the documentation of selection() in RStudio. If this does not work, please post the outputs of the above-mentioned commands.

Best regards,
Arne

problem using 'selection' function in sampleSelection [ Reply ]
By: Andreas Richter on 2017-12-23 09:54
[forum:45528]
Dear colleagues,

I'm trying to do a Heckman 2-stage procedure, and I'm relatively new to R. I can produce selection and outcome equations. But when I then try to run the 'selection' command, I get: "Error: could not find function "selection"

I read on other threads/forums suggestions to load "pbkrtest", restart R, remove and re-install "sampleSelection", but nothing works.

When installing sampleSelection, it says "package ‘sampleSelection’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked". But when loading the package, it says: "Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘sampleSelection’"

I use R studio version 3.3.0

Many thanks in advance, any advice would be highly appreciated. Regards, Andreas

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge