SCM

Forum: developers

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Keep components names in beta and delta? [ Reply ]
By: Bernardo Mello on 2009-04-02 11:27
[forum:1392]
I always used the naming scheme since I am bad on memorizing numbers. However, I can imagine 3 reasons for using the numbering scheme:
1) The names may be too big and cumbersome to list
2) The names may have no significance, like col_3a
3) The columns may have no name, and the parameters would look like, for example b_4, b_2, b_12, d_8,d_5
4) Other reasons don't antecipate

By: Arne Henningsen on 2009-04-02 07:23
[forum:1383]
I suggest that we remove the argument "showParNames" and always use names like beta_capital, beta_labor, etc., because I think that there is no reason to have names like beta_1, beta_2, etc. Do you agree?

By: Bernardo Mello on 2009-03-31 15:44
[forum:1378]
I implemented it in my last commit, introducing the argument "showParNames". I think it is a little long, but I couldn't think of a best name. Any idea?

By: Bernardo Mello on 2009-03-28 13:14
[forum:1377]
I agree with you about abbreviating beta and delta, since variables starting with d_ and b_ are not too common. Also, when using names the user already have a good idea of what each name refers to.

By: Arne Henningsen on 2009-03-24 00:26
[forum:1371]
This is a good point. I wonder, if we should abbreviate "beta_capital", "delta_exper" etc. by "b_capital", "d_exper" etc. What do you think?

Keep components names in beta and delta? [ Reply ]
By: Bernardo Mello on 2009-03-23 17:55
[forum:1370]
In the output, each components the parameters beta and delta have names like beta1, beta2, etc.

May be it would be more interesting to have a name like beta_capital, beta_labor etc, where the names would come from xNames and zNames?

It could be possible to switch between the two naming scheme through an argument on function frontier.

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge